SeaPort-E: Quality Assurance
Avion Solutions Inc. has established, documented, and implemented a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of the International Standard ISO 9001. Avion Solutions Inc. QMS is the means of implementing process improvements and ensuring all services conform to specified customer and company requirements.
Avion Solutions Inc.:
- Encourages all Task Order leads and Subcontractors to establish informal communication lines to facilitate continuous early feedback
- Provides pre-plan work coordination and collaboration to avoid resource allocation conflicts
- Assures Task Order progress is communicated and coordinated
- Assures updated team documentation and provide revisions for delivery to the COR/SeaPort-e Task Lead
- Communicates and coordinates Task Order tailored management controls and support instructions
- Coordinates adjustments in priorities to ensure successful task performance in the dynamic SeaPort-e environment.
This aids coordination, expedites information flow, minimizes the risk of miscommunication and optimizes performance. Avion uses the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) best practices to organize and manage the SeaPort-e contract Task Order support. We supplement the PMBoK best practices with our Quality Control Plan (QCP) based on our ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS). Our QMS institutionalizes processes to minimize the likelihood of errors and perform the inspections to meet Quality standards. We leverage and fully integrate the Avion ISO 9001:2015 registered processes, thus creating a common approach to performance tracking and assessment. We also use this channel to perform our bi-annual ISO 9001: 2015 performance assessment.
SeaPort-e: Points of Contact
Mike McFalls – Program Manager
Evan Wagner – VP, COO
Kim Taylor - Director of Contracts
Customer feedback and other information related to SeaPort-e activities are to be directed to the Program Manager.
Zones of interest:
- 1 – Northeast Zone
- 2 – Nation Capital Zone
- 3 – Mid Atlantic Zone
- 4 – Gulf Coast Zone
- 5 – Midwest Zone
- 6 – Southwest Zone
- 7 – Northwest Zone
- 3.1 Research and Development Support
- 3.2 Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
- 3.5 System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- 3.6 Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- 3.7 Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- 3.8 Human Factors, Performance, and Usability Engineering Support
- 3.9 System Safety Engineering Support
- 3.10 Configuration Management Support
- 3.11 Quality Assurance Support
- 3.14 Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- 3.16 Logistics Support
- 3.18 Training Support
- Small Business
Task orders awarded
No task orders have been awarded as yet.